Some of the Things That You Still Do Not Know About Web Development
Web Development Knowledge
There is a saying, “the more you know, the less you actually know of things”. This is actually true in web development.
Think of it this way. You might be familiar with the place you’re in considering that you’ve lived there for a couple of years. Surely, you know your way around it, but do you know exactly how the place is laid out? I am willing to bet that there are still places in your area that you haven’t visited.
Now, this article is not to demean you or belittle your capabilities in any way. I just want to point out some of the things that you might not know about web development that you definitely should.
How Well Do You Know JSON?
Back in the day, XML was the preferred format to the expert web developers when it comes to transmitting data to and from the servers. However, it has become quite too clunky which meant that server-side requests might take a lot more time than usual.
By using JSON.parse() when parsing, you can convert any values that are written in binary to something that is worth your while such as a Boolean, for example.
There are still so many things about programming languages that I really do not know about, but there are some things that I do know that I actually do not know how to use properly.
Take for example the String.replace command. Its use is to replace any function as a second parameter that will be used for each match. This can be used to replace anything which is pretty nice. However, the somewhat tricky thing here is that once you know how to code, there is rarely any event that you need to replace. This is still a good option to have, right?
Things About the User-Interface
We all know how important the user interface is, right? Without a good looking and fully functioning interface, people are going to leave without a moment’s notice.
Therefore, I’ve come up with a list of things that you can do:
- Implement Keyboard shortcuts on your website for easier navigation
- Implement a “remember me” feature that lets the computer take me back whenever I take a short break
- When using a mobile device, I want to tap on the same point on the screen to further my website’s navigation
- I want you to implement the option of removing any nuances so that the end user will not be bombarded with things that they do not like to deal with in the first place
- You can create an information repository about the things that people can use if they want to know more information about a certain something.